Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h08/mnt/52664/domains/childrenandthelawblog.com/html/wp-content/plugins/microkids-related-posts/microkids-related-posts.php on line 645
Today is the LAST DAY to register early and save 60% on the 11th Annual Zealous Advocacy Conference. After today, the $80 early registration fee rises to $200. Don’t miss your chance to register TODAY!
11th Annual Zealous Advocacy Conference
Theme: Child Development & Juvenile Justice
- Date: Friday, March 23 and Saturday, March 24, 2012
- Location: University of Houston Law Center (click for address & directions)
- Price: $80 if you pre-register TODAY; $200 if you register after today
- HOW DO I REGISTER?: You can register starting TODAY and get more information at the Center for Children, Law & Policy Conference Registration page.
- Information on CLE hours, featured topics, speakers, and the agenda is posted on the Conference Registration page and will be updated on a rolling basis.
Our Keynote Speaker: Bruce D. Perry, M.D., Ph.D.
Dr. Bruce D. Perry is the Senior Fellow of The ChildTrauma Academy, a not-for-profit organization based in Houston (www.ChildTrauma.org) and adjunct Professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Northwestern University School of Medicine in Chicago. Over the last thirty years, Dr. Perry has been an active teacher, clinician and researcher in children’s mental health and the neurosciences holding a variety of academic positions.
Dr. Perry’s clinical research and practice has focused on high-risk children – examining long-term cognitive, behavioral, emotional, social, and physiological effects of neglect and trauma in children, adolescents and adults. This work has been instrumental in describing how childhood experiences, including neglect and traumatic stress, change the biology of the brain – and, thereby, the health of the child.
Dr. Perry is the author of over 300 journal articles, book chapters and scientific proceedings and is the recipient of numerous professional awards and honors, including the T. Berry Brazelton Infant Mental Health Advocacy Award, the Award for Leadership in Public Child Welfare and the Alberta Centennial Medal.
More information on Dr. Bruce D. Perry and his work can be found at http://www.childtrauma.org/.